Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/volunteer coordinator
- Part time independent contractor (1099) position
- Approximately 10 hrs/week, working from your home
- Earn $15-30/hr, based on commission
The SF Green Party (SFGP) is seeking part-time contractors to help us raise money for voter outreach (primarily, booth fees and costs of our voter guide), as well as to help coordinate volunteers.
- Raise funds for the SFGP by calling registered Green Party members in SF. This will include "cold calling" as well as contacting our previous donors. Lists will be provided.
- Update the SFGP's database with phonebanking results, including people who wish to volunteer, have moved or changed phone numbers.
- Provide information to members about current SFGP activities, including volunteer opportunities, events, and meetings. Coordinate members wishing to volunteer via follow-up phone calls and/or email.
- Prior phone canvassing experience (e.g., either volunteer or paid progressive work for a progressive campaign).
- Knowledge of SFGP activities. The contractor must remain aware of upcoming tabling opportunities and meetings, as well as party strategy, in order to answer questions from members.
- Professional and discreet with sensitive personal and financial information. Enthusiasm and strong personal communication skills are also necessary.
- Personal values consistent with the Green Party's 10 Key Values: http://www.gp.org/tenkey.shtml
The contractor will use their own telephone to contact SFGP members from the voter file, and will solicit donations by credit card or check. The contractor will also coordinate members wishing to volunteer for SFGP activities. Results of phonebanking will be entered into an online database. The initial contract will be for 100 hrs of work (approximately 10 weeks), and may be extended depending on
how successful the fundraising is. Pay will be commission-based: 50% of donations received, with a minimum rate of $15/hr and a maximum rate of $30/hr. The contractor will be responsible for all federal and state income and employment taxes, including self-employment taxes.